Minneapolis Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
Spousal maintenance, sometimes referred to as alimony or spousal support, is a very complex area of the law. In Minnesota, there is no fixed formula for determining the amount or duration of spousal maintenance. Spousal maintenance is usually determined by the needs of the party requesting it and the ability of the other party to pay. At Robinson | Duffy, PLLC, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, our alimony attorneys strive to find solutions that are fair and in your best interests. We will carefully analyze your situation to help you determine whether or not spousal maintenance is appropriate.
Spousal maintenance may or may not be part of your divorce. In addition to the need of the requesting spouse and the other spouse’s ability to pay the court looks at a number of factors, including:
- The standard of living established during the marriage;
- The duration of the marriage
- The loss of earnings, seniority, retirement benefits, and other employment opportunities forgone by the spouse seeking alimony;
- The age, and the physical and emotional condition of the spouse seeking alimony;
- The ability of the spouse from whom alimony is sought to meet needs while meeting those of the spouse seeking alimony; and
Spousal maintenance may be permanent or temporary. If you believe your divorce is going to include an award of spousal maintenance, contact our attorneys today. Spousal maintenance issues are complex and can affect the rest of your life.
Contact Robinson | Duffy, PLLC Today
To speak with one of our qualified Minneapolis spousal maintenance lawyers, contact us by calling 952-525-2252 or send us an e-mail. We serve all the metro counties including: Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County, Carver County, Anoka County, Scott County, Sherburne County and beyond. Call us today. We will give you an honest assessment of what you can expect in your situation. We offer payment plans and other affordable options to get you the legal assistance you need.