Minneapolis Spousal Maintenance and Child Support Modification and Enforcement Attorneys

Post-Divorce Modifications

The law does not expect your life to remain exactly as it was when you were divorced or when custody of your child was established. If you have changed jobs, been laid-off, become ill or disabled, you may be able to modify your child support or spousal support payments. At Robinson | Duffy, PLLC, we help individuals modify their financial commitments to better reflect their current and actual lives.

There are situations, however, where a modification is not warranted but still requested. In order for the court to modify a child support or spousal maintenance award, there has to be a substantial change in circumstances. Our attorneys help clients oppose modification motions where the change is not substantial or the change in circumstances was voluntary and in an attempt to avoid paying support.

Enforcement of Support, Visitation, and Custody Orders

Obtaining a court order is an essential step in all family law matters; however, the ability to enforce the order is the most meaningful part of the process to most people. The courts in Minnesota have the power to enter “contempt” orders against persons who disobey those orders. Contempt orders may include sentencing a person to jail, assessing fines against him or her, ordering the party to pay attorney’s fees and expenses, and other remedies. If the other party has failed to abide by the terms of a custody or support order, you can seek to use these powers of the court to enforce compliance.

At Robinson | Duffy, PLLC we can assist you in obtaining enforcement of custody, visitation, child support or spousal maintenance/alimony orders. Our attorneys are experienced in representing both parties in these matters, whether you seek to modify or enforce an order or to contest a modification or enforcement attempt. We will also protect your interests in contempt proceedings to enforce your rights under the court order.

Understanding what avenues are available, and what a particular judge is likely to do, are very important aspects of representing clients who seek enforcement orders. You want an experienced attorney to protect your interests, one who knows and understands the law and who has successfully helped others in similar situations.

Contact the Lawyers at Robinson | Duffy, PLLC Today

If you need to modify or enforce and order or oppose your ex’s motion to modify or enforce, contact our Minneapolis/St. Paul modification attorneys regarding by calling 952-525-2252 or send us an e-mail. We serve all of the metro counties including: Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Dakota County, Carver County, Anoka County, Scott County, Sherburne County, and beyond. Call us today. We will give you an honest assessment of what you can expect in your situation. We offer payment plans and other affordable options to get you the legal assistance you need.